Russian Andrey Pateychuk has become the latest champion on the EPT tour, taking down the win at EPT San Remo for a €680,000 payday after a heads-up deal was reached.
While the heads-up deal took some of the drama out of the finish (with just €80,000 extra going to the winner) the win did’t come easily for Pateychuk, as his heads-up opponent Dimitar Danchev was just a river card away from taking the title himself, with Pateychuk all-in and at risk with just a 5% chance of sucking out.
That’s just what he did, though, to stay alive, eventually grinding down Danchev to take the victory (who takes home €600,000 after the deal).
Pateychuk has been on quite the roll in 2011, finishing 15th in the WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas earlier in the summer for a $478,174 payday as well.
Below are the final table finishers from EPT San Remo along with their winnings:
1. Andrey Pateychuk, Russia: €680,000
2. Dimitar Danchev, Bulgaria: €600,000
3. Daniel Neilson, Australia: €285,000
4. Barny Boatman, United Kingdom: €225,000
5. Jan Bendik, Slovakia: €170,000
6. Yorane Kerignard, France: €130,000
7. Rocco Palumbo, Italy: €95,000
8. Kevin MacPhee, United States: €63,694